Monday, 18 July 2011

Fernando Torres looking to fresh start












Chelsea striker Fernando Torres says he is ready to prove his worth at Stamford Bridge next season. Chelsea's £180,000-a-week striker had struggled to find his form since his record-breaking move from Liverpool in January. But the Spanish international promised he is now set to deliver as he flew to Malaysia for Chelsea's pre-season tour of the Far East. Torres said: "It was a difficult four months for me last season but now I am settled and really happy. It's a new start for me and I am feeling sharper and fitter." He added: "After five years without a break I could finally enjoy my holiday this summer, so I am happier after a rest and some time with my family. Now I am feeling good and ready to start the new season." Torres, 27, managed just one goal in 18 appearances for Chelsea last season as his new team finished the season empty handed and manager Carlo Ancelotti was sacked. He scored in last week's behind-closed-doors win over Wycombe and set up the only goal of Saturday's 1-0 win at Portsmouth, turned into his own net by Tal Ben-Haim.

source: The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment